What makes Superman a hero is not that he has super powers, but that he has the wisdom and the maturity to use the power wisely. Superman is the most Iconic and remains as an Ideal Superhero in the history of the DC comic book. In fact, he’s Justice, Truth and Morality make him the worthy superhero.
Superman is the founding member of the Justice League of America who was an alien from another planet Krypton. In this article, Hero’s Facts has dug up the information about Man of Steel and gathered all the important and rare Facts about him.
So, here are Top 50 DC comics’ facts about Superman which you need to know about
1. Superman Aka Man of Steel was created by artist Joe Shuster and writer Jerry Siegel in 1933. In 1938, they sold this fictional character to Detective Comics (DC comics) for $130.
2. Superman’s other persona Clark Kent was inspired by comedian-actor Harold Lloyd.
3. In the original Shuster’s and Siegel’s stories, Superman’s personality and behavior were different. He was rough and aggressive. The man of steel at that time often attacks and terrorizes profiteers, lynch mobs and local gangsters.
4. The letter ‘S’ on Superman’s chest is the symbol of house El in Krypton planet which means ‘Hope’ and reverse of this symbols indicates ‘Resurrection’.
5. The original concept of Superman was supposed to be the Bald character who had telepathic villain bent on world domination.
6. According to the original artist, Clark Kent was inspired by Hercules and Flash Gordon and his tight-fitting costumes were inspired by costumes of wrestlers, boxer, and strongman.
7. When Martha and Thomas Wayne were traveling across the city, they witnessed a shiny light falling from the sky. After discovering some strange alien crystal and when he comes into contact with it, his consciousness was transported to the Krypton planet where he met Kryptonian scientist Jor-El. He told Thomas about his son who was sent to the safe planet before the destruction of his homeworld Krypton.
Thomas Wayne later reverses engineered the technology that he found from the rocket and use it to save Wayne Enterprises from bankruptcy.
8. Post-crisis Superman was so strong that he could move whole solar systems with his bare hands.
9. Clark Kent compresses his spine while in disguise so that he will look shorter than Superman.
10. There are over 20 different types of Kryptonite including Pink Kryptonite which gives Superman gay tendencies.
11. In the future, the hero takes the identity of Superman Prime. After watching his parents, friends and even Lois Lane die from natural causes. He decided to leave Earth to soak in the sun for 15,000 years.
12. Superman and Clark Kent have different birthdays. He celebrates both the day his pod landed on Earth (June 10) as Superman and the day the Kent’s adopted him (June 18th) as Clart Kent.
13. When Superman first debuted, his only powers were being ‘Faster than a speeding bullet and more powerful than a locomotive. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.”
14. Over the years as his character gets popularity, his iconic powers started taking shape. His X-Ray vision powers were introduced in Action Comics vol.1 issue #11 in 1993.
Also, his heat vision introduced in Superman Vol. 1 #59 in 1949. His flight power was created for the 1940’s animated series as it was difficult to animate him bending his legs to jump.
15. The aura of Superman’s body that he generated protects his body & his costume from the various damages and prevents grime and dirt from clinging long to his flesh to keep him perpetually clean.
16. Superman has shown to have a powerful spirit which is free from corruption and temptation.
17. If I talk about his strength limit, assume that Superman could carry a book of infinite pages. Meaning that he actually has no limit to his strength.
18. Despite the fact that Superman can fly millions of faster than the speed of light, but still isn’t faster than the Flash.
19. Once Muhammad Ali Defeated Superman in a Boxing Match. It was featured in the Superman vs. Muhammad Ali’s 72 pages comic book.
20. Once Superman and Big Barda were captured and mind control by Sleez who force them to perform an adult tape but later they were rescued by Mr. Miracle.
21. In the DC comics multiverse concept, there is Earth-23 which solely inhabited by black versions of DC characters. Black Superman is based on Barak Obama and Wonder Woman is based on Beyoncé.
22. In the Injustice, The Joker once made Superman hallucinate into thinking that Lois Lane was Doomsday. Hence he ended up killing his wife Lois Lane and his unborn son.
23. Superman’s original arch enemy is not Lex Luthor but telepathic primate Ultra-Humanite.
24. Superman once broke through Space and time to punch death in the face. Because when he died, he didn’t like it much; so he came back to life.
25. One of the coolest fact about Man of Steel is that he can’t be erased. (Yes Reverse Flash, damn you cannot do this one thing). Superman can’t be erased from the history. Even if the timeline gets alter (by Flash), he somehow presents in that new timeline.