After a long period of time, Goku finally used the Super Saiyan God transformation during Tournament of Power in Dragon Ball Super. Some of you may surprise that how Goku achieves this form suddenly without a ritual of using 5 other Saiyans.
The anime series mainly focuses on the Super Saiyan Blue transformation and hence in this article, we have collected all the necessary informative facts about the SSG form which you didn’t know about.
Here are 50 Facts About Super Saiyan God Which You Must Know:
1. According to Tadayoshi Yamamuro who designs the characters in a battle of Gods. Originally he wants to give muscular form with wearing a cape and a unique Saiyan hairstyle in between Super Saiyan 3 and 4 to the Super Saiyan God transformation.
2. But series’ original Author Akira Toriyama wants Goku’s SSG form much more like his regular appearance specifically not being muscular.
3. When the Super Saiyan God first announced there were other designs which circulate throughout the internet. But later it was confirmed to be a rumor about it and how would they look.
Apart from this, there was Golden Super Saiyan 4 form which was nothing but a fan art.
4. SSG form enables its user to absorb and nullify enemy’s attacks upon contact.
Like in the Anime of Dragon Ball Super, Goku stop Beerus’ Sphere of Destruction.
5. This form possesses Godly Ki which can only be sensed by deities.
6. According to the manga, this form is an incorrupt and pure energy of Gods. The original SSJG wanted to defeat the evil Saiyan’ of Planet Vegeta.
But because of SSG’ time limit, this mission fails.
7. The original Super Saiyan God possess a tail and hence the can transform into a Great Ape when exposed to Blutz Waves which is produced by the full moon.
8. The Original SSG form resembles similar to Vegeta. Well, this is an uncommon thing amongst all the Saiyan’. But it would relate that he could be one of them or related to them.
9. One of the interesting facts, If you confused about the power difference between SSJ4 and SSJG, Akira has officially stated that the SSJ4’ power level would be in between SSJ3 and SSJG. Now seems to be clear about this.
10. The Super Saiyan God transformation has a minor difference if we compared both anime and the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods.
In the movie, they show much shorter and straight to the point. For ritual, all six characters hold their hands together and transfer their aura to Goku. Later you know, he absorbs it and become SSG.
11. However, In the Anime, he does not hold the hands with the rest of Saiyan’ but instead they channel their energy to him.
12. In fact, it’s not the energy that five Saiyans transfer into another; they simply channel their Ki into another one.
13. It is not like that any five Saiyans together could create the Godly Ki. It requires their heart which need to be fitted with the need for righteous Saiyans.
14. However, there is more than one way to achieve SSG form. In the DBS Manga, Vegeta reveals that he can become Super Saiyan God at will.
15. According to him, he obtained this form during his intense training with Whis and thus allows him to possess Godly Ki.
16. The first character who mentioned about the Super Saiyan God form was not the Beerus. Actually, it was first mentioned by Frieza in Dragon Ball Minus Manga series in 2014 written by Toriyama which predates the event of Dragon Ball. In that Frieza already knew about SSG which means he knew about their existence even before Beerus.
17. The Dragon Ball Super anime adapted from the manga that we all know. There are many differences between about Red God Form.
18. In the anime, Goku first used SSG form transformation during the Battle of Gods Arc, after that, he never used it again till the Universal Survival Arc.
19. But in the Manga, Goku has frequently used SSG form; first when he battle against Hit to repel his Time-Skip and then powers up to Super Saiyan Blue.
And another time, he uses it during his sparring match against Future Trunks where he powers up from Super Saiyan 3 to Super Saiyan God to knock out him immediately.
20. According to Toriyama, if Beerus’s power level is 10 out of 10, then Goku would be a 6 and Whis would be a 15.
21. Like Dragon Ball GT, Vegeta skips the SS3 transformation when going to SS4 form. In Dragon Ball Super as well he never used the SSG form but instead directly goes to SSB form.
22. In the Dragon Ball Super Manga, it is revealed that SSG form has significant flaws in terms of Stamina. For example, if the form is subsequently used multiple times in a row, the user unable to exert even 10% of their power.
23. This explains why Vegeta was unable to overwhelm Hit, unlike Goku, did who has saved the form until his very last fight.
24. In the anime, Super Saiyan God form could heal its user. When Beerus stabbed Goku with his bare hand, Goku was able to heal his wound because of SSG form, but however, this incident never explains later on.
25. If you notice the battle between Goku and Beerus in Space, Goku was able to survive in space without a space suit. This was not because of his tremendous strength of lungs, but because of Super Saiyan God form.