After a long period of time, Goku finally used the Super Saiyan God transformation during Tournament of Power in Dragon Ball Super. Some of you may surprise that how Goku achieves this form suddenly without a ritual of using 5 other Saiyans.
The anime series mainly focuses on the Super Saiyan Blue transformation and hence in this article, we have collected all the necessary informative facts about the SSG form which you didn’t know about.
Here are 50 Facts About Super Saiyan God Which You Must Know:
1. According to Tadayoshi Yamamuro who designs the characters in a battle of Gods. Originally he wants to give muscular form with wearing a cape and a unique Saiyan hairstyle in between Super Saiyan 3 and 4 to the Super Saiyan God transformation.
2. But series’ original Author Akira Toriyama wants Goku’s SSG form much more like his regular appearance specifically not being muscular.
3. When the Super Saiyan God first announced there were other designs which circulate throughout the internet. But later it was confirmed to be a rumor about it and how would they look.
Apart from this, there was Golden Super Saiyan 4 form which was nothing but a fan art.
4. SSG form enables its user to absorb and nullify enemy’s attacks upon contact.
Like in the Anime of Dragon Ball Super, Goku stop Beerus’ Sphere of Destruction.
5. This form possesses Godly Ki which can only be sensed by deities.
6. According to the manga, this form is an incorrupt and pure energy of Gods. The original SSJG wanted to defeat the evil Saiyan’ of Planet Vegeta.
But because of SSG’ time limit, this mission fails.
7. The original Super Saiyan God possess a tail and hence the can transform into a Great Ape when exposed to Blutz Waves which is produced by the full moon.
8. The Original SSG form resembles similar to Vegeta. Well, this is an uncommon thing amongst all the Saiyan’. But it would relate that he could be one of them or related to them.
9. One of the interesting facts, If you confused about the power difference between SSJ4 and SSJG, Akira has officially stated that the SSJ4’ power level would be in between SSJ3 and SSJG. Now seems to be clear about this.
10. The Super Saiyan God transformation has a minor difference if we compared both anime and the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods.
In the movie, they show much shorter and straight to the point. For ritual, all six characters hold their hands together and transfer their aura to Goku. Later you know, he absorbs it and become SSG.
11. However, In the Anime, he does not hold the hands with the rest of Saiyan’ but instead they channel their energy to him.
12. In fact, it’s not the energy that five Saiyans transfer into another; they simply channel their Ki into another one.
13. It is not like that any five Saiyans together could create the Godly Ki. It requires their heart which need to be fitted with the need for righteous Saiyans.
14. However, there is more than one way to achieve SSG form. In the DBS Manga, Vegeta reveals that he can become Super Saiyan God at will.
15. According to him, he obtained this form during his intense training with Whis and thus allows him to possess Godly Ki.
16. The first character who mentioned about the Super Saiyan God form was not the Beerus. Actually, it was first mentioned by Frieza in Dragon Ball Minus Manga series in 2014 written by Toriyama which predates the event of Dragon Ball. In that Frieza already knew about SSG which means he knew about their existence even before Beerus.
17. The Dragon Ball Super anime adapted from the manga that we all know. There are many differences between about Red God Form.
18. In the anime, Goku first used SSG form transformation during the Battle of Gods Arc, after that, he never used it again till the Universal Survival Arc.
19. But in the Manga, Goku has frequently used SSG form; first when he battle against Hit to repel his Time-Skip and then powers up to Super Saiyan Blue.
And another time, he uses it during his sparring match against Future Trunks where he powers up from Super Saiyan 3 to Super Saiyan God to knock out him immediately.
20. According to Toriyama, if Beerus’s power level is 10 out of 10, then Goku would be a 6 and Whis would be a 15.
21. Like Dragon Ball GT, Vegeta skips the SS3 transformation when going to SS4 form. In Dragon Ball Super as well he never used the SSG form but instead directly goes to SSB form.
22. In the Dragon Ball Super Manga, it is revealed that SSG form has significant flaws in terms of Stamina. For example, if the form is subsequently used multiple times in a row, the user unable to exert even 10% of their power.
23. This explains why Vegeta was unable to overwhelm Hit, unlike Goku, did who has saved the form until his very last fight.
24. In the anime, Super Saiyan God form could heal its user. When Beerus stabbed Goku with his bare hand, Goku was able to heal his wound because of SSG form, but however, this incident never explains later on.
25. If you notice the battle between Goku and Beerus in Space, Goku was able to survive in space without a space suit. This was not because of his tremendous strength of lungs, but because of Super Saiyan God form.
26. This transformation has given a God name, but this form does not place the user on the level of the Gods.
The SSG form solely depends on their combat skills after being transformed.
27. The power level of SSG is so strong that when SSG classes with another Godly being, their fighting vibrations would affect the very fabric of the universe and can result in the destruction of the universe.
28. According to Supreme Kai of Universe 7, when Beerus fights with SSG Goku, their only four full powerful punches needed to completely destroy the world.
29. Despite such tremendous powers, this form has some limitation such as short time limit causing the form to disappear instantly.
30. But during a battle with Beerus, even after Goku’s time limit ran up, his actual power did not decrease. This allows him to battle with Beerus again on his base level form and SS2 form.
31. In the manga, later after hard training with Whis, both Goku and Vegeta were able to transform into SSG form with no time limit at will.
32. This flawless SSG form possesses more power level which is greater than the Super Saiyan Blue at 10% power.
33. After the Future Trunk Saga (in the manga), both claims that to mastering this form successfully, first, its user has to overcome the stamina flow issue which is associated with SSB form.
34. Hence, Vegeta used SSG form as a supplement to Super Saiyan Blue by switching between Blue to God form.
35. According to the Whis, SSB transformation requires more amount of energy and requires a lot of stamina no matter what how much strength they possess.
36. In the anime, Goku invented such switching technique because SSG form is a lot faster than any of the form and consumes less amount of energy than the SSB.
37. In the Manga, Vegeta uses this switching techniques to used SSG form for motion and SSB form for power attacking and defending. Hence, by doing this, he was able to conserve his stamina.
38. Goku already knew that to accomplish such ability it requires a massive amount of extreme training.
39. In Dragon Ball Super, there is a mention of Super Saiyan God in the Book of Legends which is written by Namekians.
40. This was revealed by Shenron during Battle of God. He states that the Original Super Saiyan God’ things were only mythology that currently doesn’t exist. But he knows about the ritual to create one from the Namekian’s Book of Legends.
41. Despite Namekians origins and SSG, it may contain the information about other Saiyan Legends like Original Super Saiyan and its transformation.
42. So this would be the reason behind Grand Elder Guru’s tremendous knowledge about the existence of Saiyans.
43. If you don’t know, there is another one transformation which is known as Saiyan Beyond God. This specialized state enhances the powers of the Super Saiyan God without having to transform into the SSG form. This Saiyan Beyond God allows its user to sense Godly Ki and bears a white energy Aura.
44. If you confuse about Super Saiyan Blue’ transformation, this is the combination of regular Super Saiyan form with SSG form.
45. The SSJG transformation is immune to all types of magic or Darks magic. As in the Xenoverse series, it is stated that the villain’s evil magic does not affect on Deities.
46. In the Adventure Mode of Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden, in order to counter the negative energy from Omega Shenron which wraps the time and space continuity, Goku requires the power of Legendary Saiyan.
Later Grand Elder Guru reveals that Legendary Saiyan is another name for the Super Saiyan God.
47. In the Ultimate Dragon Ball, Whis awaken the hidden power inside the Goku and Vegeta’s subconscious in order to stop Omega Shenron’s negative energy which creates Ultimate Minus Energy Power Ball.
48. In this battle, Goku reacquired the SSG form and used its Ki to seal the Omega Shenron’s negative energy and Ultimate Minus Power Ball which finally restores the Universe 7 to its normal form.
49. In the Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden, Goku achieve SSG form from the ritual with the help of Vegeta, Gohan, Gotenks, Nappa, and Bardock.
50. While watching anime in the Japanese language, we heard the word of Super Saiya-Jin God number of times in the Dragon Ball Super. So what it does it mean actually?
Originally it pronounces like ‘Soup Yasai Jinkot’. Soup is a dish which is a play on the Super Saiyan God. That why it prompts him to remember the figure from his dream.
The word Saiya means Saiyan which is an anagram of Yasai means Vegetable.
Jinkot word is imaginary which is meaningless. Jin recalls in Saiya-Jin and Kot sounds similar to God.
It’s a long facts list and some of them you already knew about it. But still thanks for watching. If you additional facts, do comments and share your views in the below section.
Make sure to subscribe us for the daily updates.