Green Lantern is not just one person.
In fact, its a title given to all sheered will characters.
Green Lantern is capable of wielding immense powers for protecting the world against galactic threats.
Hal Jordan is not the only Green Lantern.
Then how many are there?
Find out in this article with all Green Lantern facts.
Here are 10 Things You Need To Know About Green Lantern.
1 Hal Jordon was not the first Green Lantern. Back in 1940, Martin Nodell created Alan Scott who bears the first title of Green Lantern. That was the time during the Golden Age era. However, in 1959, DC Comics’ writer reinvented the character as Hal Jordan for Silver Age of Comic Books. Besides him, there were several Green Lantern characters include Guy Gardner, John Stewart, and Kyle Rayner.
2. Willpower is the prime source of power for Green Lantern‘s Ring. There are total 9 Green Lantern rings and each grants unique ability to their user. The iconic ability of this Green Lantern rings is to create objects out of imagination. The only weakness to the Rings if users attacks by any telepathic attack that affects users’ mind.
3. Before getting a hand on Green Lantern‘s Ring, Hal was the host of the Parallax. In Green Lantern vol. 3 #48, with the ring power, Hal becomes the strongest being in all of the DC Universe. As Parallax, he was able to control time-space continuity at will. Hal held enough power to beat Cyborg Superman with a single punch. As Parallax, he never defeated physically.
4. Kyle Rayner is one of the considerable members of the Green Lantern Corps. His ring constructions were much more detailed than any other exist Lanterns. Within his structure, he can even manipulate and controls all the pigments and dimensions. As benevolent symbiont, his imagination enhanced so much that he could manipulate reality.
5. Another member of Green Lantern, John Stewart, was the first African-American DC Superhero. Debuted in Green Lantern vol. 2 #87 back in 1972, John does not wear any Green Lantern rings, unlike others. Similar to Kyle, John’s constructions are so complicated that forming every nut and bolt had detailed.
6. Hal Jordan once leads his own Justice League team in DC Comic “Justice League: Cry for Justice.” To avenge the deaths of Batman and Martian Manhunter, Jordan recruits superheroes which include Green Arrow, Shazam, Supergirl, Congorilla, Starman, Batwoman, the Atom, and former Titans Dick Grayson, Donna Troy, and Starfire.
7. In Amalgam Comics series, there were two Amalgam characters of Green Lantern. First, one when Hal merged with Tony Stark calling himself as Hal Stark aka Iron Lantern. The second time in Speed Demon #1 in which superhero committed a terrible mistake.
8. DC Comic blessed with powerful and worthy Green Lanterns. Find out a few of them below:
|Golden Age||Alan Scott|
|Silver Age||Hal Jordan|
|Bronze Age||Guy Gardner, John Stewart|
|Modern Age||Kyle Rayner, Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz|
|Others||Jade, Thaal Sinestro, Jediah Caul|
9. Guy Gardner is the only Green Lantern who had a connection to both Green as well as Red Lantern Corps. Due to Rayner’s seeming death, Guy’s angered caused manifestation of Red Power ring. This power had highly flammable energy that it could even burn in space. But the surprising things is that Guy was the only Red Lantern who retained his intelligence.
10. Alan Scott, the first Green Lantern, had a strange weakness. Its powers didn’t work on anything made of wood. The reason behind this is Green Color. The fact that Green energy is an embodiment of plants that grows green. Thus, it protects them from Green Flames from Green Lantern Ring.
So these are 10 Facts about Green Lantern.
If you know more than us, please take a moment and comment down below.
Please share this “Green Lantern Facts” article with your DC friends and let them know how Green Lantern gets his powers.
You can listen comics news on cottageradio.ca